Monday, October 14, 2013

When I bake, the children cry.

I cannot make desserts. I have no idea why. I just cannot do it. I follow every recipe word for word and nothing ever turns out right. Ever. When I make Rice Crispy treats you have to eat them out of a bowl, with a spoon. When I make pies... people run for cover. The last time I tried to make hard candy, my husband was rushed to the hospital with third degree burns all over his body.

Okay, the last part might not be true, but you get my drift. I can make the best meatloaf this side of the Mississippi River. You would kill for a piece of my fried chicken. People have actually paid me for my Pepperoni Rolls. But they cry when presented with a tray of my sweet treats. They cry and beg and eventually run out the door.

Today, I tried to make a Halloween dessert. I messed it up. It is not edible. At all. Trust me. I tried. I didn't try hard. But I tried. Yesterday, I tried to make a Millionaire's Pie. I forgot to drain the crushed pineapple. The result was not pretty nor did it taste good.

Tomorrow, I am going to try to make some Chocolate Covered Coconut Balls. They should be great. Wanna come over?

4 comments:

  1. Aw, I'm sorry you're having a hard time! how about trying a "souped up" version of a box mix, you know baby steps? I have a really easy chocolate cake recipe on my blog, that I think would be perfect to try out! You just add sour cream, pudding mix, and chocolate chips to Devil's Food Cake mix and it's so good!

    I wouldn't attempt chocolate covered anything if I were you, it's tough to coat things with chocolate even if you're really good at baking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to do like me, get half way through the recipe and say to heck with it and start throwing in what you want! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the feeling, I am pretty good at the basics and try to do everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear ya! My oven is filled with groceries!

    ReplyDelete