Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Hell on Wheels or Hell on Training Wheels?


There are a plethora of television shows that are on a plethora of television channels these days. I will admit, I probably watch a bit too much TV, especially in the winter time. But hey, it's better than sitting chest deep in the snow after falling off the sled for the 467th time. One of my absolute favorite shows is "Hell on Wheels". Not only do I think that Anson Mount is the sexiest man alive (AND I do mean SEXY, like, I would drink his bath water SEXY), but I also think that this show is like nothing else that we are seeing on TV at this particular time.

With that being said, the 3rd season of Hell on Wheels just ended this past Saturday. And while I do LOVE this show, I was a tad disappointed with the finale. I liked it, I just did not love it. It just felt a bit lackluster compared to the last 2 season finales. Instead of building his railroad or avenging his loved ones, Bohannon was trapped in a Mormon fort marrying a teenager that he knocked up in a barn. While I understand that marrying the Mormon girl was a better choice than dying, I just wasn't all that jazzed about it. Maybe I'm jealous? Okay, I am jealous. But still, I wasn't happy about it. And then Elam and the bear? Say what? No. Just No. But it did inspire me to write this little poem.

Elam went in search of
Bohannon, to save the day.
Instead, he found some Indians
that he killed, except one ran away.
Next, he met a bear.
And he died.
He's dead.
The bear killed him.

Even though I wasn't thrilled with the finale, I still LOVE this show and I am very hopeful, albeit anxious, that it will get picked up for a fourth season.

Do you watch Hell on Wheels? Did you like the season finale more than I did? Do you have as many impure thoughts about Anson Mount as I do?

4 comments:

  1. I've never seen it before but now I want to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never watched the show, but might need to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The show looks interesting, might need to check it out! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried watching this when it first came out,but couldn't get into it.. Now that Breaking Bad is over, I need a new show to get into... Maybe I will try this one again :)

    ReplyDelete